Just when I thought I was good at something, like Call of Duty single player, I discover that multiplayer is a different beast entirely. Nothing like the real world of sneaking around trying not to get killed. As a noob, all I do is get killed. Fortunately, http://sarcasticgamer.com/wp/index.php/2007/11/noob-guide-to-call-of-duty-4s-mulitplayer.html has some good tips and tricks for me.
Some good initial tips:
* Don’t use the M-16 but the MP5 because it is more accurate at short to medium ranges or spray-and-pray with the SAW.
* Wander around the map first. Get to know the map and learn the terminology well. For instance, in “Overgrown”, the only attic is called the Anne Frank house
* Watch the Kill Cam to see how they got you and remember that part of the map for yourself. Most noobs get killed in well known ambush spots.
* Get to level 4 so you can create your own classes right away. Best recommendations are stopping power and deep impact.
* Gaming wise, 25 kills gets you a red dot sight, so keep switching weapons to get that. Plus you get the bonus XP
The middle “game”:http://sarcasticgamer.com/wp/index.php/2008/01/call-of-duty-4-intermediate-guide.html levels are 10-32. At level 10 experience, you get the M4 and here are the tips that go along with those levels:
* Shoot in three round bursts. Your accuracy is way higher
* You get an light machine gun. Use it. The RPD is the most accurage. Use it with the grip to make your shots true and leave it in iron sights to have a wide field of view.
* Decide your style if you are a snake eyes, then put a silencer on and get the UAV jammer so they don’t know you are around.
* Also tailer your weapons to the game type. Headquarters needs Extreme Conditioning or Last Stand. Search and Destroy needs UAV Jammer, Bomb Squad, Last Stand or Extreme Conditioning. Domination needs Last Stand for sure. Last Stand is useful, give you a pistol after you’ve been shot.
* At this level, get the M16 with red dot. Use Stopping Power.
Finally there is the “advanced”:http://sarcasticgamer.com/wp/index.php/2008/02/experts-guide-to-call-of-duty-4-multiplayer.html. This is when you are level 32 and above
* At level 37, switch to the G36C with Red Dot Scope and Stopping Power. It has full auto and is as accurate as the M16
* Level 41, get three hand grenades. Cook them off to three and then they go off with no way for anyone to avoid them.
* Level 43. The Death Eagle Pistol is so powerful that combined with Last Stand, you can really win
* Level 44. Your enemy can’t hear you. Combined with a silencer and UAV Jammer, it makes you deadly in those big maps like Downpour.