Making Push & Fetch for Google Calendars Work for 2.0 Users
from ModMyiFone.com by chriscoyne
After talking with an Apple Representative today, I was asking more about how to use Push and Fetch features. Especially, for Google calendars to sync to the iPhone calendar.
The rep said, he did not know, and thought it was for Gmail only.
Well, with a little investigating myself I figured it out. It works great. Thought I would share.
1. Go to settings and select, Fetch New Data
2. Turn on Push
3. Scroll down to Advanced
4. Select advance and select your Gmail Account
5. Tick if not selected already Fetch
6. Close Settings
7. On your computer, sign in and go to Google Calendar
8. On the bottom left select – Settings
9. Select Mobile Setup
10. Enter your details and select to get activation code
11. Note: Use Explorer or Safari not Firefox
12. You will recieve an SMS with code insert and save
Thats it. Now test for yourself. set an event on the iPhoneâ€¦.it will be Pushed to the Google Calendar.
On Google Calenderâ€¦.Set an event and it will be Pushed and or Fetched to the iPhone. Also, you can set Alerts to remind you. They Pop-up on the computer while your working and Popup on the iPhone as a SMS to remind you of events.
I will have to call Apple back to tell them how it worksâ€¦ Haha !
Try it out. I will be doing a Review of Google Mobile App soon. It should be your Favorite App after you getting it working right.
Donâ€™t have a Gmail account? Go to Google Gmail and create an account in settings set it to be IMAP not POP.