These are awesome jackets but the codes are bizarre. They have literally a n x m matrix of names.
But here is what I’ve learned. They have product likes like Alpha and then a two character designation like these for hard shells:
- SL for super light.
- FL for fast and light. I don’t know what this means but they say their lightest gortex. So a hard shell
- IS. Insulated. For the harshest conditions.
These appear to be soft shell design stirs v
- LT. light
- AR. All around.
- MX. Mixed
Then there are the product lines.
- Alpha. Means for climbing. Do more wear reinforcement.
- Beta hybrid. Between alpha and beta
- Beta. For hiking
Then there are no Greek letters
- Fission. These are heavy duty
- Proton. Highly permeable synthetic soft shell hasc
- Sigma. Soft shell pullover
- Acto. Hard fleece
- Fortrez. Permeable fleece
- Konseal. Midlayer
Here are some tips for navigating the Arc’teryx SL jacket collection.
— Read on altitude-blog.com/en/what-are-the-differences-between-arcteryx-sl-jackets/
And her is a review of an alpha SL
Another hint is to look under climbing in their site and see what pops up